Job Costing System
American Residential Services
JOB COSTING SYSTEM
- Extensive searching and reporting features
- Ability to edit and create jobs
- Validation to prevent incorrect data entry
- Complex field calculations based on external data
ARS/Rescue Rooter needed a way to track, manage, and analyze their job pricing and costing. Shared Excel spreadsheets were just not working well.
They needed to be able to perform complex calculations based on multiple pieces of information all which needed someone to understand the business logic.
Mind Over Data created the Job Costing system for ARS to manage jobs and their information.
This system allows users to use various filters to search for existing jobs to edit as well as easily create new jobs.
The job creation process contains validation to prevent the user from entering incorrect data as well as functionality to calculate fields from the information entered using branch data from external servers.
Woody Guthrie Interactives
Woody Guthrie Center
WOODY GUTHRIE INTERACTIVES
- Woody’s America Interactive Map lets up to eight visitors explore events on a map on a 9-foot interactive touch screen
- The Music Bar and This Land is Your Land interactives allow users to listen to excerpts of Guthrie’s songs
- Write a Song with Woody interactive allows visitors to compose and save a song
- Woody & His World and Following in Woody’s Footsteps interactives let users explore a timeline of Guthrie’s life
- The Dust Bowl interactive plays his ballads about the 1930s dust bowl period\
The Woody Guthrie Center was established to bring America’s greatest folk singer into the digital age using modern interactive exhibits designed to educate and entertain guests.
They wanted to maintain the historic spirit of Guthrie while displaying his doodles, poems, song lyrics, and other memorabilia in a modern format.
Mind Over Data created twelve kiosk stations and eight interactive exhibits which each tell a different story of Woody Guthrie pulled from a secure centralized database.
Exhibits include The Music Bar and This Land is Your Land that allow users to listen excerpts of over 50 Woody Guthrie songs, the Write a Song with Woody give visitors the ability to compose an original verse to a song and submit it to the museum’s database.
Other exhibits allow visitors to explore the timeline of Guthrie’s life (Woody & His World, Following in Woody’s Footsteps) and listen to his Dust Bowl ballads about that period in the 1930s (The Dust Bowl).
The most ambitious exhibit, the Woody’s America Interactive Map, is a 9-foot interactive touch screen of a map based on drawings by Woody Guthrie which allows up to eight visitors at a time to explore events that took place during the musician’s life.
Patient Care Monitoring System
PATIENT CARE MONITORING SYSTEM
- Surveys can be accessed by patients from any device at any time in preparation for doctor visit, which increases engagement, accuracy, and efficiency
- Survey response rules can trigger emails to specialists, and alter what questions get asked
- Time-interval rules help ensure that patients are not being asked to complete surveys too frequently
- Survey administrators can easily view survey results, modify questions, and track administrative survey changes with versioning
Vector Oncology’s former survey system stored information in multiple places, which made it difficult to add, modify, and retrieve data.
Patients could only fill out the surveys at their next appointment on an outdated and difficult to use system, which resulted in inaccurate and limited information.
Survey administrators were unable to customize the survey based on a patient’s answers or track revision history.
Mind Over Data created a centralized, web-based platform called the Patient Care Monitor to help alleviate the problems the existing system had, and improve on the feature set.
All information is stored in one place, making it easy for administrators to view and update data.
Patients can now take surveys between office visits from an at-home mobile client interface, or at their next appointment on an updated in-facility touch screen.
Survey administrators can control the length of time between surveys, skip or trigger new questions based on previous answers, and automatically generate follow-up emails when answers indicate further medical attention is required.
Intervention Scheduling & Reminder System
Arlington Tennessee High School
INTERVENTION SCHEDULING & REMINDER SYSTEM
- System to schedule, manage, track, and report on students needing intervention and enrichment sessions
- Ability for authorized users to administrate data that controls system
- Configurable for different school years, districts, and sessions
- Capability to send text and email reminders to both students and their parents
Thanks to the Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI) Initiative, Arlington High School (AHS) needed a way to organize, administer, and monitor their sessions for students identified as needing targeted intervention.
These sessions for enrichment relied on a combination of documents stored in Google Drive and paper and electronic spreadsheets that had to be manually updated and revisited constantly to manage many students and monitor their progress.
Student Metrics was originally created to provide AHS with tools to schedule, manage, track, and report on students needing intervention and enrichment sessions, allowing them to assign students to sessions, create assignment notes, and track attendance to monitor students’ progress.
This tool allows authorized users to manage information such as users, students, sessions, session types, and run reports to generate usable statistical information.
Student Metrics is designed to be usable across multiple semesters and different districts, allowing administrators to migrate and import data as necessary.
The system includes capabilities to send email and text reminders about sessions to students and parents that sign up for them.
We are now offering this system to other high performing schools.
Nixon Watergate Exhibit Interactives
Nixon Presidential Library & Museum
NIXON WATERGATE EXHIBIT INTERACTIVES
- Watergate Wall interactive displays an attract loop to draw visitors in
- Interactive allows visitors to play both audio and videos
- All information manageable through custom built content management system (CMS)
- Includes ability for guest feedback and newsletter enrollment
The Nixon Presidential Library & Museum had an update planned to the Watergate Exhibit which was previously a timeline wall display with static artwork and button to push that played audio clips.
They wanted to update the exhibit to include interactive displays so that visitors could be more engaged, and include functionality to collect visitor contact information to facilitate communication between the museum and its visitors.
Mind Over data created the Watergate Wall interactives that are comprised of five touchscreen kiosks playing customizable attract loops which then allow visitors to navigate exhibit details and view audio and video clips containing further information.
Controlled by a centralized database which is configurable by a secure content management system (CMS), all information is update-able by authorized employees.
Another interactive also included capabilities for guests to provide feedback and sign up for the Nixon Exhibit Newsletter.
Patient Attendance Improvement System
West Cancer Centers & University of Tennessee
PATIENT ATTENDANCE IMPROVEMENT SYSTEM
- HIPAA compliant and mobile friendly client
- Users log in with last name and birthday instead of having to create an account
- Patients choose to reschedule from a list of their upcoming appointments
- Clinics approval triggers a text notification that includes a link to book transportation
The client needed a mobile phone friendly scheduling and reminder system to address issues with missed cancer treatments that lead to increased costs and poorer outcomes.
They wanted the system to be able to provide patients with the ability to reschedule appointments and connect with a transportation service company to make it even more convenient to maintain their attendance.
Mind Over Data created the Patient Attendance Improvement System (PAIS) Prototype to allow patients to manage their appointments through a mobile-friendly HIPAA compliant client.
Users can log in with their last name and birthday without the need to register an account and then reschedule an appointment from their upcoming appointments list.
Choosing a new appointment time will require the clinic to approve the change which will then send a confirmation text to the patient that includes an embedded link that allows the patient to book transportation via Uber.
New Hotel Ordering System
NEW HOTEL ORDERING SYSTEM
- Wizard-type system guides user through form
- New hotels use this system to maintain consistent brand experience
- Validation reduces data entry errors and ensures a complete order
- System automatically generates a usable purchase order
Hampton Hotels manages more than 1,900 hotel properties and are always opening more.
When they want to open a new hotel, the hotel must manually fill out and submit an order form to the supply management division which can lead to incomplete or illegible information and data input errors.
This is a time-consuming process that requires follow-up phone calls before the property can begin the actual ordering process.
To address the issues stemming from manually filling the order form out, Mind Over Data created an online database-driven ordering system that property managers are guided through like a wizard.
Property managers can fill out parts of the form and have it saved to return to later but cannot completely submit it unless it passes all validation, reducing the amount of data input errors possible which saves time.
The ordering system was created to automatically generate a purchase order that the Hilton Supply Management can easily process and fulfill.
Simple Learning Management System
National Vision, Inc.
SIMPLE LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Mini-LMS gives capability to assign and deliver training courses
- LMS can send notifications and track training completions
- Administrators can create reports using all of the data available
National Vision, Inc (NVI) wanted to implement a learning management system (LMS) for their employees so that they can train them on topics such as clocking in, ringing up sales, and returning merchandise.
Previous methods of training for this optical retailer were time consuming and lacking in efficiency but with an updated LMS they could train new hires more effectively and increase engagement.
Mind Over Data worked with National Vision, Inc (NVI) to develop a mini-LMS system which allows them to assign and deliver online training to employees.
The LMS can send notifications to users about assigned courses as well as track employee training completion by storing records of the results in a secured database.
The training records are configured to be searchable so that NVI training administrators can create reports on either a single employee or a range of employees depending on filters.
Get in Touch
Are you tired of wasting time (and money) with off-the-shelf technology that keeps missing the mark? We couple your experience with our expertise to develop common-sense tailored solutions that get the job done.