Fire Safety Arcade Game & Scheduling System
Tracking educational results
FIRE SAFETY ARCADE GAME & SCHEDULING SYSTEM
⦁ The system was built with growth in mind, allowing for easy expansion and the ability to feed data into additional systems.
⦁ Museum administrators can completely manage the kiosks from the administrative module.
⦁ The Arcade Room Exhibit games employ the latest touch screen and interactive media technology to assess visitor knowledge of different fire and life safety scenarios.
⦁ The Fire Museum of Memphis wanted to upgrade their Arcade Room Exhibit to test children’s fire and life safety knowledge in a fun atmosphere.
⦁ Game results could not be tracked or used to assess the effectiveness of education programs taught by firefighters and the museum.
⦁ Scheduling visitors and booking events was difficult and unorganized.
⦁ Mind Over Data created custom kiosk software for two interactive games, a wrapper application that launches the software, and a backend system containing a centralized database and an administration module.
⦁ The senior game uses a question and answer format, while the junior game uses visual representations and graphics.
⦁ The administrative module enables museum staff to track quiz results and generate reports.
⦁ Event organizers can schedule visits to the museum with the online scheduling system that museum administrators supervise.
Nixon Watergate Exhibit Interactives
Nixon Presidential Library & Museum
NIXON WATERGATE EXHIBIT INTERACTIVES
- Watergate Wall interactive displays an attract loop to draw visitors in
- Interactive allows visitors to play both audio and videos
- All information manageable through custom built content management system (CMS)
- Includes ability for guest feedback and newsletter enrollment
The Nixon Presidential Library & Museum had an update planned to the Watergate Exhibit which was previously a timeline wall display with static artwork and button to push that played audio clips.
They wanted to update the exhibit to include interactive displays so that visitors could be more engaged, and include functionality to collect visitor contact information to facilitate communication between the museum and its visitors.
Mind Over data created the Watergate Wall interactives that are comprised of five touchscreen kiosks playing customizable attract loops which then allow visitors to navigate exhibit details and view audio and video clips containing further information.
Controlled by a centralized database which is configurable by a secure content management system (CMS), all information is update-able by authorized employees.
Another interactive also included capabilities for guests to provide feedback and sign up for the Nixon Exhibit Newsletter.
Blues Hall of Fame Kiosk and CMS
Dynamic kiosk and content management system
BLUES HALL OF FAME KIOSK AND CMS
⦁ Pique visitor interest with an animated attraction screen that cycles through displays of performer information.
⦁ The inclusion of an ADA accessible button allows all patrons to interact with the exhibit.
⦁ Visitors can search for award recipients by induction category or year using a scrolling timeline.
⦁ A custom content management system gives the Blues Foundation complete, hassle-free control of exhibit content.
⦁ The Blues Foundation wanted to showcase legendary Blues Hall of Fame inductees and their work.
⦁ They needed a compelling interactive touchscreen experience to educate and entertain museum patrons.
⦁ Blues Foundation staff needed to be able to completely manage all inter-related data and media files without outside assistance.
⦁ Mind Over Data developed a custom, database-driven kiosk application.
⦁ A custom content management system was also created. This enabled the Blues Foundation staff to easily add, update, and delete content.
⦁ All data and media files needed for search and display are stored in the custom database. Detailed screens with biographical text, photos, audio and video clips, links to applicable literature and influencing artists create a complete interactive experience for patrons.
Simple Learning Management System
National Vision, Inc.
SIMPLE LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Mini-LMS gives capability to assign and deliver training courses
- LMS can send notifications and track training completions
- Administrators can create reports using all of the data available
National Vision, Inc (NVI) wanted to implement a learning management system (LMS) for their employees so that they can train them on topics such as clocking in, ringing up sales, and returning merchandise.
Previous methods of training for this optical retailer were time consuming and lacking in efficiency but with an updated LMS they could train new hires more effectively and increase engagement.
Mind Over Data worked with National Vision, Inc (NVI) to develop a mini-LMS system which allows them to assign and deliver online training to employees.
The LMS can send notifications to users about assigned courses as well as track employee training completion by storing records of the results in a secured database.
The training records are configured to be searchable so that NVI training administrators can create reports on either a single employee or a range of employees depending on filters.
New Hotel Ordering System
NEW HOTEL ORDERING SYSTEM
- Wizard-type system guides user through form
- New hotels use this system to maintain consistent brand experience
- Validation reduces data entry errors and ensures a complete order
- System automatically generates a usable purchase order
Hampton Hotels manages more than 1,900 hotel properties and are always opening more.
When they want to open a new hotel, the hotel must manually fill out and submit an order form to the supply management division which can lead to incomplete or illegible information and data input errors.
This is a time-consuming process that requires follow-up phone calls before the property can begin the actual ordering process.
To address the issues stemming from manually filling the order form out, Mind Over Data created an online database-driven ordering system that property managers are guided through like a wizard.
Property managers can fill out parts of the form and have it saved to return to later but cannot completely submit it unless it passes all validation, reducing the amount of data input errors possible which saves time.
The ordering system was created to automatically generate a purchase order that the Hilton Supply Management can easily process and fulfill.
Grammy Museum Interactives
Mississippi Grammy Museum
GRAMMY MUSEUM INTERACTIVES
- Music table comprised of multiple monitors allows users to explore GRAMMY winners and nominees
- Write and record songs with the Singer/Songwriter interactive
- Add effects and mix those recorded songs with the Producer/Engineer interactive
- Search information in the GRAMMY Archives interactive
- All data and assets maintainable in a custom built content management system
The GRAMMY Museum Mississippi was the first GRAMMY Museum built outside of Los Angeles.
Using high-definition touchscreens and other interactive technology, they wanted to create exhibits that allow patrons to learn about GRAMMY award winners, achievements and influences of important Mississippians, and the creative processes of recording songs.
Mind Over Data created a 13.5 foot Mississippi Music Table, comprised of six 55-inch monitors which allows 12 users (two per monitor) to simultaneously explore the audio and video of GRAMMY® Award winners and nominees from Mississippi, the people they were influenced by, and the contemporary artists they have inspired.
The other interactives created include the Singer/Songwriter which allows visitors to write a song and record it, the Producer/Engineer which gives visitors the ability to try mixing their recorded song by adding instruments or sound effects, and the GRAMMY Archives that allows users to search it's database of all GRAMMY® Award winners and nominees.
All the data on all interactives is pulled from a centralized database which is configurable through a robust Content Management System (CMS) system that gives authorized users the ability to edit information and assets such as pictures, audio, and video.
National Guard Products
- Customer portal to provide access to Order Tracking, Quotes & Invoices
- Submittal system for contractors
- Allow customers to order products online with custom prices pulled from internal AS/400 data
National Guard Products, a leading manufacturer of weather-stripping, threshold products, lite kits, louvers and glass for commercial wood and steel doors, wanted to provide customers and sales reps a portal to information stored on their internal AS/400.
Mind Over Data created a website that gives customers access to Order Tracking, Quotes & Invoices with data being pulled in real time from the customer's AS/400. The website included a submittal system to allow contractors to collect product information and build a submittal document. Customers can also now order products online using their own custom pricing.
The products listed on the website along with their corresponding installation instructions, cut sheet, AutoCAD files, and catalog page is able to be maintained by the customer using a custom developed content management system.
Patient Care Monitoring System
PATIENT CARE MONITORING SYSTEM
- Surveys can be accessed by patients from any device at any time in preparation for doctor visit, which increases engagement, accuracy, and efficiency
- Survey response rules can trigger emails to specialists, and alter what questions get asked
- Time-interval rules help ensure that patients are not being asked to complete surveys too frequently
- Survey administrators can easily view survey results, modify questions, and track administrative survey changes with versioning
Vector Oncology’s former survey system stored information in multiple places, which made it difficult to add, modify, and retrieve data.
Patients could only fill out the surveys at their next appointment on an outdated and difficult to use system, which resulted in inaccurate and limited information.
Survey administrators were unable to customize the survey based on a patient’s answers or track revision history.
Mind Over Data created a centralized, web-based platform called the Patient Care Monitor to help alleviate the problems the existing system had, and improve on the feature set.
All information is stored in one place, making it easy for administrators to view and update data.
Patients can now take surveys between office visits from an at-home mobile client interface, or at their next appointment on an updated in-facility touch screen.
Survey administrators can control the length of time between surveys, skip or trigger new questions based on previous answers, and automatically generate follow-up emails when answers indicate further medical attention is required.
Budget and Forecasting System
Hierarchical Budget Rollup Visibility
BUDGET AND FORECASTING SYSTEM
- Project level tracking of budget, forecast, and spend
- Reporting at any level of the organizational heierarchy
- Management of the data by project managers
- Reconciling of invoices against data provided by the accounts payable system
- Allow employees at any level in the organization visibility to projects and budget within their rolled up cost centers and reporting paths.
A global courier delivery services company, required custom software development of a system to track budget, forecast and spend at various organizational hierarchy levels. Everything needed to be tracked at the project level so that the project managers could make sure that all information is up to date and accurate as possible.
The application was developed to allow employees at any level in the organizational hierarchy visibility to real time information of their current budget, forecast and spend. The application is used world wide and is integral to managing the financial information of hundreds of projects. The data provided is kept up to date by the project managers that know the information the best.
Intervention Scheduling & Reminder System
Arlington Tennessee High School
INTERVENTION SCHEDULING & REMINDER SYSTEM
- System to schedule, manage, track, and report on students needing intervention and enrichment sessions
- Ability for authorized users to administrate data that controls system
- Configurable for different school years, districts, and sessions
- Capability to send text and email reminders to both students and their parents
Thanks to the Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI) Initiative, Arlington High School (AHS) needed a way to organize, administer, and monitor their sessions for students identified as needing targeted intervention.
These sessions for enrichment relied on a combination of documents stored in Google Drive and paper and electronic spreadsheets that had to be manually updated and revisited constantly to manage many students and monitor their progress.
Student Metrics was originally created to provide AHS with tools to schedule, manage, track, and report on students needing intervention and enrichment sessions, allowing them to assign students to sessions, create assignment notes, and track attendance to monitor students’ progress.
This tool allows authorized users to manage information such as users, students, sessions, session types, and run reports to generate usable statistical information.
Student Metrics is designed to be usable across multiple semesters and different districts, allowing administrators to migrate and import data as necessary.
The system includes capabilities to send email and text reminders about sessions to students and parents that sign up for them.
We are now offering this system to other high performing schools.
Job Costing System
American Residential Services
JOB COSTING SYSTEM
- Extensive searching and reporting features
- Ability to edit and create jobs
- Validation to prevent incorrect data entry
- Complex field calculations based on external data
ARS/Rescue Rooter needed a way to track, manage, and analyze their job pricing and costing. Shared Excel spreadsheets were just not working well.
They needed to be able to perform complex calculations based on multiple pieces of information all of which needed someone to understand the business logic.
Mind Over Data created the Job Costing system for ARS to manage jobs and their information.
This system allows users to use various filters to search for existing jobs to edit as well as easily create new jobs.
The job creation process contains validation to prevent the user from entering incorrect data as well as functionality to calculate fields from the information entered using branch data from external servers.
Armenian Genocide Museum of America
Online interactive museum
ARMENIAN GENOCIDE MUSEUM OF AMERICA
- An engaging virtual museum dedicated to sharing the history of the Armenian Genocide.
- Fully accessible application that can be viewed from any computer, tablet, or smart phone.
- Content that is completely update-able by the customer keep the experience fresh.
- The Armenian Genocide Museum of America wanted a one-of-a-kind virtual museum to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
- An easily accessible and engaging application was needed.
- Visitors needed to be able to interact digitally with historical visual assets and artifacts.
- Mind Over Data created an online, browser-based application with a dynamic narrative that told a condensed version of the main story and a navigational timeline tool.
- The dynamic narrative provides multi-sensory engagement with text, images, audio, oral testament videos, and animated elements.
- The navigational timeline tool enables visitors to quickly and easily move to a specific section of the dynamic narrative.
Publishing Workflow Tools
Miller Wood Trade Publications
PUBLISHING WORKFLOW TOOLS
- Employees have time to focus on productive projects thanks to the automation of tedious manual processes
- The updated data entry process is quick and easy to use, resulting in time and money saved
- Outdated data is no longer available making data integrity easier than ever to maintain
- The improved look and feel of search screens help customers and visitors have a significantly better experience
Miller Wood Trade Publication’s previous system stored information for each publication in separate files, which meant any updates needed to be made manually in multiple places.
Customers couldn’t search Miller Wood’s up-to-date company listings.
Hundreds of thousands of individual validation requests and mailing labels had to be manually printed to verify publication information before printing their Trade Publication book.
Mind Over Data created a simple, unified browser based solution with a centralized database and a corresponding administration system.
Information for all publications is stored and updated in only one place and the data entry process has been upgraded with pre-populated data, keyboard shortcuts, and custom drop-down menus.
Customers can now search through up-to-date listings and view their own current listing and ads with a new set of external site search screens..
Verification letters are now automatically generated in a tri-fold format to fit No. 10 business envelopes with an address window, eliminating the need for mailing labels and significantly reducing processing time.
First Tennessee - 150 Year Bank Anniversary
Interactive Timeline Kiosk
FIRST TENNESSEE - 150 YEAR BANK ANNIVERSARY
⦁ Two 70” multi-touch screens showcase milestones in First Tennessee Bank, Tennessee, and United States’ history.
⦁ Each timeline scrolls at a different speed to create a pleasing parallax effect.
⦁ Three visitors can interact with the exhibit software at a time.
⦁ Custom content management system allows First Tennessee Bank to add and update kiosk content.
⦁ First Tennessee Bank wanted to celebrate its 150- year anniversary with an engaging museum-style exhibit.
⦁ They wanted an interactive timeline that would allow visitors to explore milestones in First Tennessee Bank, Tennessee, and United States’ history.
⦁ They wanted to be able to update the content themselves to keep the interactive up to date.
⦁ Mind Over Data developed and installed a custom software application that showcases historic events on three timelines. Visitors can touch any timeline image to open a panel with detailed information about the event.
⦁ First Tennessee Bank staff can update, add, or remove content at any time with the custom, web-based content management system.
⦁ Mind Over Data worked closely with the physical exhibit’s structural designer and exhibit fabricator to make sure the final product was completed to the customers satisfaction.
Patient Attendance Improvement System
West Cancer Centers & University of Tennessee
PATIENT ATTENDANCE IMPROVEMENT SYSTEM
- HIPAA compliant and mobile friendly client
- Users log in with last name and birthday instead of having to create an account
- Patients choose to reschedule from a list of their upcoming appointments
- Clinics approval triggers a text notification that includes a link to book transportation
The client needed a mobile phone friendly scheduling and reminder system to address issues with missed cancer treatments that lead to increased costs and poorer outcomes.
They wanted the system to be able to provide patients with the ability to reschedule appointments and connect with a transportation service company to make it even more convenient to maintain their attendance.
Mind Over Data created the Patient Attendance Improvement System (PAIS) Prototype to allow patients to manage their appointments through a mobile-friendly HIPAA compliant client.
Users can log in with their last name and birthday without the need to register an account and then reschedule an appointment from their upcoming appointments list.
Choosing a new appointment time will require the clinic to approve the change which will then send a confirmation text to the patient that includes an embedded link that allows the patient to book transportation via Uber.
Woody Guthrie Interactives
Woody Guthrie Center
WOODY GUTHRIE INTERACTIVES
- Woody’s America Interactive Map lets up to eight visitors explore events on a map on a 9-foot interactive touch screen
- The Music Bar and This Land is Your Land interactives allow users to listen to excerpts of Guthrie’s songs
- Write a Song with Woody interactive allows visitors to compose and save a song
- Woody & His World and Following in Woody’s Footsteps interactives let users explore a timeline of Guthrie’s life
- The Dust Bowl interactive plays his ballads about the 1930s dust bowl period\
The Woody Guthrie Center was established to bring America’s greatest folk singer into the digital age using modern interactive exhibits designed to educate and entertain guests.
They wanted to maintain the historic spirit of Guthrie while displaying his doodles, poems, song lyrics, and other memorabilia in a modern format.
Mind Over Data created twelve kiosk stations and eight interactive exhibits which each tell a different story of Woody Guthrie pulled from a secure centralized database.
Exhibits include The Music Bar and This Land is Your Land that allow users to listen excerpts of over 50 Woody Guthrie songs, the Write a Song with Woody give visitors the ability to compose an original verse to a song and submit it to the museum’s database.
Other exhibits allow visitors to explore the timeline of Guthrie’s life (Woody & His World, Following in Woody’s Footsteps) and listen to his Dust Bowl ballads about that period in the 1930s (The Dust Bowl).
The most ambitious exhibit, the Woody’s America Interactive Map, is a 9-foot interactive touch screen of a map based on drawings by Woody Guthrie which allows up to eight visitors at a time to explore events that took place during the musician’s life.
Get in Touch
Are you tired of wasting time (and money) with off-the-shelf technology that keeps missing the mark? We couple your experience with our expertise to develop common-sense tailored solutions that get the job done.